|| Terms and Conditions
Redeeming Gift Certificates
Cancellation / Non-Expiration of Gift Certificates
- Qualified Items: eBay Gift Certificates can only be redeemed to pay for eBay items that meet the following requirements
- The seller accepts PayPal as a payment method.
- Item must have been originally priced in U.S. Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Pounds Sterling, or Euros.
- Item must be paid for using PayPal within 10 days of the item's closing on eBay.
- Excess Gift Certificate Value: Any unused balance will remain in the recipient's PayPal eBay Gift Certificates account until depleted.
- Insufficient Gift Certificate Value: If the amount of the order exceeds the amount remaining on the Gift Certificate, the recipient will be required to pay for the balance using PayPal.
- eBay Seller Fees: eBay Gift Certificates cannot be used to pay for eBay Seller Fees.
- eBay Seller Requirements: eBay sellers have the right to refuse a transaction. Many sellers require a confirmed address, which could require that a credit card and billing address be entered.
- Multiple Gift Certificates can be redeemed on a single purchase, up to $500 per purchase.
Sending/Receiving Gift Certificates
- Recipient Cancellations: Gift Certificate recipients can cancel their Gift Certificate within 60 days of the purchase date and have funds refunded to the purchaser.
- Purchaser Cancellations: If the recipient is not an existing PayPal member, the purchaser will have 60 days from the date of purchase to cancel the certificate and receive a full refund.
- Refunds: Refunds on Gift Certificates that were purchased using a credit/debit card will have the face value credited to that credit/debit card. Refunds on Gift Certificates that were not purchased using a credit/debit card will be placed into the purchaser's PayPal account.
- Expiration: eBay Gift Certificates do not have an expiration date.
- Maintenance Fee: There are no maintenance fees charged on unused eBay Gift Certificate balances.
- Security: For security purposes, a recipient may be required to enter credit card or bank account information before he or she can redeem the Gift Certificate.
- Email Delivery: Gift Certificates that have a scheduled future email delivery date are sent at approximately 2:00 am on the day of the scheduled delivery in the purchaser's time zone, or Pacific Standard/Daylight Time if unknown.
- PayPal reserves the right to reverse any Gift Certificate purchase for any reason and return the funds to the purchaser's PayPal account.
- eBay Gift Certificates may not be purchased for sellers in lieu of payment for eBay items.
- eBay Gift Certificate resale is prohibited.
- eBay Gift Certificates cannot be redeemed for cash and have no cash value.
- eBay Gift Certificates cannot be used to purchase other eBay Gift Certificates.
- Neither eBay nor PayPal is responsible for lost, stolen, or misused Gift Certificate codes.
- eBay Gift Certificates may be purchased or redeemed by residents of the United States or Canada only.
- Purchase and redemption of eBay Gift Certificates is subject to the PayPal User Agreement which is incorporated herein.